Universal Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Universal Pre-kindergarten (UPK) is a state-funded program open to children that are four years old entering kindergarten the following school year.
The program is a collaborative effort between the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District and Our Children’s Place Learning Center. A registration form can be found below.
- To be eligible for a given year, your child must be a Midlakes resident and 4 years old by December 1. Please include a copy of your child’s birth certificate with the completed enrollment packet.
- Families must live in the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District. Please provide proof of residency with 2 of the following; copy of an NYSEG bill, water bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, or tax receipt.
- There is no charge for the UPK program.
- Three UPK classes are full days, Monday - Friday (9 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
- One UPK classroom is a half-day program, Monday - Friday (9-11:30 a.m. and 12:45-3:15 p.m.)
- The program must be provided with a current (within a year) physical and immunization record.
- If students are placed in the morning half-day program, transportation will be provided by the district in the morning, with parents being responsible for transportation home at 11:30 a.m.
- If students are placed in the afternoon session, parents are responsible for transportation to school at 12:45 p.m. and transportation will be provided home by the district.
- If students are placed in one of the three full-day classes, transportation will be provided to and from the school by the district.
The UPK program provides a developmentally appropriate preschool program and implements the English Language Arts and Mathematics Modules from the New York State Education Department as well as Creative Curriculum. It incorporates Second Step, a social-emotional curriculum that promotes positive peer interaction skills and increases self-awareness.
Also, the New York State Pre-kindergarten Foundations for the Common Core are used to guide lessons and prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to be ready for kindergarten.
For more information, contact Our Children's Place at (315) 462-3174.
Midlakes Elementary School serves a diverse population of students in kindergarten through sixth grade while housing a Universal Pre-Kindergarten program and the Midlakes Education Center.